This story is very strange.
The dentist in Pusan operated himself.
But there was an accident. Because he had three mistakes.
- Cavity 虫歯
- Hospitalized for illness 病気で入院する
ex. When a serious accident happens and you must go to a hospital.
ex. Jay was hospitalized because a car hit him.
- contract 縮まる 収縮する contracted an infection 感染病になる
ex. To get a serious disease, illness, virus.
ex. Jay contracted the H1N1 bird influenza.
ex. Disease / illness / when your body is being eaten by
ex. In the Biohazzard
games, the T virus infects people and makes them zombies.
- somewhat interestiong 少々興味深い somewhat = Kind of
ex. Yoshinoya is somewhat inexpensive.
- apparently = I heard, somebody told you.
This word is used when you personally haven’t checked, but somebody told
you the fact. みたところ?らしい
- constrict = To get tight 締め付ける 妨げる
ex. Boa Constrictor Snake
ex. This turtleneck is constricting my breathing.
- blood vessels 血管 vessel = ship, etc “Blood ships” “Blood roads”
- bleeding 出血する
ex. When blood is coming out of your body.
ex. I’m bleeding, can I have a bandaid?
- observed = Was watched. 観察する 監視する
ex. Tiger Woods was observed when his wife hit his car with a golf club.
- adjacent = next to 近くに
- hapless = Unlucky 不運な.古い言い方らしい
- significant = A lot / important 重大な
There is a significant amount of Chinese people in Yokohama.
- Gums = The soft parts inside your mouth.
ex. My gums are infected.
- consciousness vs unconsciousness 意識がある/ない
- breath 吸い込む
- windpipe = throat 器官
- amiss間違った。こちらも古い言い方らしい。 Something is amiss. なんかおかし
- Down and out = 倒れて意識を失う
ex. Down on the floor and unconscious
ex. Manny Pacqiao is famous for getting his opponents down and out.
- Nearly died 死にかけた
1. I nearly died because I was in a bicycle accident.
- Oxygen Starvation = Dangerously lacking in oxygen. 酸欠
- Starvation = Very, very, very, very (almost dead) hungry.
Do you know anyone who has an irrational fear and does stupid things to avoid it ?
irrational = 不合理な
avoid = 避ける
No. I don’t know. Im my company, some people do stupid things and they do nonnecessity tasks. I don’t understand them.
Are you frightened of the Dentist ? Do you know anyone who is ?
No, I like a dentist. My brother don’t like going dentist. Because he frightened.
What was the last thing you had done at the dentist ?
I had gone to a dentist because of checking my tooth. I go to dentist 4 times per year.
Supplementary Questions: Health
When was the last time you went to a dentist ?
I recently can’t go a dentist. The last time was 1 years ago.
When was the last time you went to a doctor ?
I had gone to a doctor 1 month ago because I got sick.
When was the last time you ware sick ?
One month ago. I got stomach sickness.
When you were in high school, how many days of school did you miss each year because of sickness ?
Maybe I missed one week.
What disease frightens you the most ? Why?
I frighten a cancer because I smoke every day.
What do you do to stay healthy ?
I sometimes go to fitness club. I get some exercise.
What do you do, if you can’t get to sleep.
I count sheep.
- quite a few several いつくかの. numerous 数えきれないほど多くの
- a quick study 飲み込みの早い人
- plastic credit card
- pooled 疲れ果てた
wisdom 知恵 賢人
reflection 反射 熟考
The Spirit of john Lennon
- mourned 嘆き悲しむ 慎む
- though ?にもかかわらず たとえ?でも
- psychics 霊能者
- get together 集まる
- attempt 試みる 努力する
- bunch 一団
- seance 交霊会
- specialize 専門とする
- musical note 楽譜
- afterlife あの世
- opposed 対抗した
- familiar 親しい仲間 おなじみの
- off the top of my head あまり考えないで
- supposedly おそらく
- grand old time 大昔
- sipping 飲み物をすする
- kicking back ？？？
- sort 種類 好み
- nothingness 存在しないこと
- limbo 天国と地獄の間 キリスト教の言葉らしい
- ballroom ダンスホール
- weenie ウィンナー
- walrus セイウチ
- bored 退屈