Trial lesson’s memo.
Qualities and Flaws
- quality 品質。特徴
- flaw 欠点
- responsible 責任のある
- reliable 頼り甲斐のある 信頼できる
- kind 親切な
- punctual 時間を守る ex.Never late, not really early.
- energetic 精力的な
- understanding 理解のある
- hardworking 勤勉な 勉強熱心な
- chubby ぽっちゃりしている
- short tempered 短気
- lazy 怠惰な
- weak 弱い
- selfish 自分かってな
- spouse 配偶者。男の場合は妻になる ex.husband/wifeMy father is sometimes short tempered. He gets angry very easily.
- Jay is kind of chubby.
- What do you mean?
- My father works everyday and he hasn’t retired yet.
- What is one flaw that you can’t stand in a person? 人として我慢できない欠点は何？can’t stand
- What is a food that you can’t stand? 食べれないものは？
- Can’t stand = hate
- What qualities do you look for in a spouse? 嫁のいいところ教えて。
First lesson’s memo.
Talk about this week.
- Confident 自信がある
- A hotel in Tenessee had an accident.
- A hotel in tenessee suffered damage from a flood. 洪水
- So conference have relocated to Walt Desney Resort.
- Do you have to do any preparations before you go? 何を準備しないとダメですか？
- Prep = things you need to do before something….
- I have to prepare getting my passport.
- Refrigerator 冷蔵庫 Fridge is popular word.
- Specs = specifications 仕様書
- Western 西洋の
- Ceremony 式典
- Western Society 西洋社会 西洋はアメリカ含む
Lesson:Give Your Child a Break
- “Dad, give me a break!!” 勘弁してください！
- Tutor 家庭教師
- cram ぎゅっと詰め込む、ガリ勉
- Cram School = Juku
- burden 苦しめる
Burden = Two meanings…
1. My bag is such a burden
- especially 特に
- Truly/ Certainly = 100% 本当に
- Noble = Someone great, Knight, samurai, king, queen….
- Profession = professional job 専門職
- get into 入学する 入る
- Reputable = good reputation 信頼できる、立派な /reputation/respect
- ex. Toyota’s Reputation = safe, reliable, good value
- ex. Tokyo University = Elite, Smart,
- Face the fact = finally understand the truth. 事実を知る
- ex. When I was 8 years old I “faced the fact” that Santa Clause wasn’t real.
- as a result 結果的に
- pressure 圧力、プレッシャー
- taking their own life 夢がないとか？やるきがないとか？ suicide
- ex. In Japan many salarymen take their own life.
- I get it! = Naruhodo
- certainly 確実に、必ず
- interacting 向き合う
- Pile = On top of each other 重ねる
- extracurricular 課外の、塾とか
- Curriculum 教育課程
- Skipped High School 学校をサボる
- Tutor = one on one lesson teacher.
- Domestic 国内
- Valuable= Good deal
- Is it common not to go to University?
- Consequences = What bad things happen after doing something….
- The consequence of drinking beer and driving is a car crash.
- Cheating on your girlfriend + jealous girlfriend = you will die.
What extracurricular activvities do you do or do your child do ?
Now, I’m going to english conversation shool. When I was child, I studied math, english in juku.
If I will has children, I will not think about this. but My children say ‘ I am become ‘yokozuna’ in my future.’.
I guess say ‘You can do it, and never give up’.
What did you do on your last vacation ?
My last vacation is golden week in may. I had gone back my parent house and play with my old friend.
I had gone to Playland, driving to Rokko mountain, enjoy dinner.
What ware some of your dreams when you were young ?
When I was child, My dream was doctor.
When I was student, My dream was becoming a software engineer or cinema director.
- Highway toll
- Opposite = White vs black, girl vs boy, dragons vs giants
- I tore my leg muscle.
- In my house there is a pile of dirty laundry.
- Dai, I hope you “break a leg” in the States.
- Dai I hope you break a leg on your next tennis tournament.
- Break a leg = do your best, give good luck
- Curse = noroi
- Break a leg on your next lesson.
- Break a leg on your date.
- I go shopping “once in a blue moon”.
- = I sometimes/rarely go shopping.
- Blue moon = Second full moon in ONE month (very rare).
- Rare vs Common
- Common = normally
- I get up early once in a blue moon.
- I go abroad once in a blue moon.